What’s it like to work with Alan and Accountability Experts, Inc.? On this page we’ll tell you the kind of results our clients have reported, and we’ll also give you a sense of our approach and how we’re different than most business development service providers.
What You Can Expect
When you work with us you can expect less stress, more time, and a better bottom line. You’ll get sustainable business results, without micromanaging, bullying, harassment or discrimination.
The key to achieving better business results is firm-wide accountability. Accountability is not just a question of who is liable after something goes wrong. To have true accountability, you need both ability and willingness, as well as specific promises and commitments. You also need follow-through; an ongoing process of showing up and saying, “Yes, I will,” over and over again.
At the end of the day, accountability manifests itself in results. Having worked with hundreds of leaders at all levels in business, we can attest to the fact that our accountability system works.
The 5 Promises of the Accountability with CareTM System
When you begin to implement accountability for business development throughout your firm, everyone benefits. Our clients tell us that they’re working smarter, their employees are happier and more productive, their personal lives are more balanced and their profits are up – in some cases, way up.
When you work with us, you can count on:
Buy-in and alignment will improve as your workplace transforms from a “Have-To” culture to a “Want-To” culture.
Productivity throughout the firm will increase – not just in the short term, but also consistently, over time.
People will spend less time spinning their wheels and more time focused on gaining, retaining and growing the value of clients.
Your firm’s ability to adapt and overcome challenges will improve, even in the face of the most difficult decisions and external threats.
People will follow through on commitments and take more initiative due to enhanced communication, effective team-building, and ongoing professional development.
“The firm’s money was well spent…a good investment for the future at Reznick Group. We have the word out at all levels that business development is our #1 priority. We want to acknowledge the tremendous value you bring to the table.” Gary Perlow, Managing Principal, Reznick Group
The 3 Principles of Accountability
Without accountability, businesses fail. It’s as simple as that. And accountability doesn’t happen automatically, or in a vacuum, or once and for all. Accountability is an ongoing process that requires structure , a system, and a leader – you – to create and enforce that system.
The bucks start with you:
- As the leader in your firm, your performance is based on the performance of your firm.
- A small change in your behavior can make a big difference in your firm’s profitability.
- Performance improves with regular, ongoing coaching for accountability.
These are the fundamental beliefs on which The Accountability with Care System rests. Everything else you’ll learn about the system proceeds from these three principles. Of course, there’s a big difference between principles and practice, between knowing and doing.
The 4 Practices of Accountable Leaders
For the accountability principles to have real meaning, they must be tied to a specific set of actions. They must be put into practice.
The most effective leaders practice these four behaviors:
- They follow through on their own promises and commitments.
- They take responsibility for the performance of their firm.
- They review progress with their team on a regular basis.
- They do what it takes to achieve results without fault, blame or excuses.
Accountable leaders apply the principles of accountability in tangible ways. They act on them frequently, consistently and habitually. When you practice the right practices, the result is less stress, more time and a better bottom line. It’s s simple as that.
“You came highly recommended to our firm and helped our Business Development Committee in drafting a plan as to how to best create more business on a firm-wide basis and the implementation. We appreciate helping our firm develop greater accountability; we have and will continue to recommend your program to other professional firms.”
Michael Hendler, Managing Partner, Adelberg, Rudow Dorf & Hendler
There are three key factors that stand out about our approach:
- Profitability is not ‘optional’ – it’s essential. Your firm exists for many reasons and one very important one is to make a profit. Without profitability, the business is not viable. So we work very closely with our clients to do everything possible to increase profits and enhance the viability of the firm.
- We recognize that different clients need different things. While we have a range of service modules (see Services page) that address a variety of issues, we approach each client with the same attitude: We get under the hood, see what’s special and unique about your situation, and then design an approach to produce sustainable results for your firm.
- We walk the talk. Again and again, our clients tell us they appreciate the fact that we model the accountability system in our interactions with them and their teams. That includes speaking the hard truth about what we’re seeing when it serves the client’s best interest, even when its tough to hear.
“Fewer than 1/10th of 1% of all Financial Advisors generates $100 million in production (new clients / assets under management) in one year. This goal was actually met and surpassed in October. And for the full calendar year I managed to bring in $114.5 million in new client assets. Thanks again for all of your assistance and support.”
Jon Heisler, Vice President, Bernstein Global Wealth Management
What Makes Our Services Unique
With so many specialists to choose from, what makes Accountability Experts stand above all the rest?
We use practical approaches that are proven to work, rather than offering theories and ideas. We get into your game, understand it and leave you with sustainable results. Alan M. Dobzinski is a Master Certified Coach with over 25 years of practical experience as a business owner, executive coach and professional speaker. In addition to being an acknowledged leader in the field of executive coaching, he literally wrote the book on accountability for business leadership success.
Over the years, Accountability Experts has worked with hundreds of business owners, top level executives and managers in a wide range of industries – in many cases, the very clients your firm or organization needs to attract. He understands first hand the unique challenges that you face as a professional services leader charged with market development. Plus his experience working with business leaders in other industries is an advantage you can leverage to build credibility and rapport with your own clients.
Now that you have a better idea about the results you can expect by working with us and our approach and philosophy, next go to the Services page to learn about the specific services and programs we offer.